Some quick questions to get to know our wonderful pastors, Benaiah and Charlie Halliday...
1. Describe yourself in one word?
Ps Charlie: Fierce.
Ps Benaiah: Hilarious.
2. Describe your spouse in one word:
Ps Charlie: Kind.
Ps Benaiah: Underrated.
3. Favourite meal?
Ps Charlie: Lasange (Gluten-free - Benaiah special!).
Ps Benaiah: Anything Italian!
4. Favourite movie?
Ps Charlie: The Holiday.
Ps Benaiah: The Dark Knight (Batman!).
5. Favourite hobby?
Ps Charlie: Paddleboarding and travel!
Ps Benaiah: Studying the USA financial markets... or cars or motorbikes.
6. Something you couldn’t live without?
Ps Charlie: My coffee maker.
Ps Benaiah: Sarlie (our Newfy).
7. Current Music you're loving?
Ps Charlie: 'Peace' (album by Bethel Music).
Ps Benaiah: Anything by Bon Iver, or 'People' (album by Hillsong United).
8. Something people don’t know about you?
Ps Charlie: I’m a bit of a “handyman” (bring on the flat packs!).
Ps Benaiah: I love entrepreneurship.
9. What is a quirky or unusual fear that you have?
Ps Charlie: Feet.
Ps Benaiah: Spiders and small spaces.
10. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
Ps Charlie: Rudeness.
Ps Benaiah: Items getting smaller in the supermarket but more expensive (have you noticed this?!).
11. What’s something you wish people knew about your spouse?
Ps Charlie: How kind he is.
Ps Benaiah: How powerful her prophetic gifting is. Also how sacrificial she is.
12. Date night looks like?
Ps Charlie: A movie together at Shellharbour with a large popcorn.
Ps Benaiah: Don’t forget the subway cookies!
13. What would you be doing if you weren’t pastoring?
Ps Charlie: I’ve always wanted to be a medical surgeon.
Ps Benaiah: Probably working on a startup in Silicon Valley (USA).
14. What inspires you?
Ps Charlie: People who think big!
Ps Benaiah: Pioneers!
15. What are you thankful for in this season?
Ps Charlie: My husband and God's grace.
Ps Benaiah: A healthy son, an incredible wife, and a church family who knows how to support each other in an unusual season.
16. One piece of advice to leave us with:
Ps Charlie: Trust God and step out because people often don’t regret what they DID do in life but rather what they DID NOT do.
Ps Benaiah: Don’t lose the song in your spirit.